|Prosthetic and Orthotic Services|
NRH Regional Rehab and Nascott Orthotics & Prosthetics offer complete prosthetic and orthotic services for adults, adolescents, and children who are being served at the National Rehabilitation Hospital (NRH) or through the NRH Network. Nascott Orthotics & Prosthetics was founded in 1985 at NRH and now has offices throughout the greater Washington metropolitan area.
Prosthetic and orthotic services provided through Nascott and NRH Regional Rehab apply the latest technology, skills, and materials, assisting individuals in becoming as functional, independent, and active as possible. Persons served range from those seeking to accomplish routine activities of daily living to those who are involved in high-performance athletic competition.
Prosthetic and orthotic services offered include:
- Evaluation of prosthetic or orthotic needs
- Initial measurement and mold casting
- Fabrication of prosthetic and orthotic devices to meet the patient’s current and future needs
- Provision of custom-molded shoes for persons with orthopedic or athletic needs
- Fitting and adjustment
- Training in the use of the new device
- Provision of highly specialized prostheses, such as the C-Legâ, a computer-controlled containing a microprocessor that adapts to each movement at the rate of 50 times per second; myoelectrically controlled prostheses; and sport competition prostheses
- Prosthetic and orthotic services are provided by skilled, experienced Nascott prosthetists and orthotists, who work with other NRH physicians, therapists, and other clinicians.